Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Barcelona Baby!

Hello all. Sorry it has been awhile, I have been in Barcelona (such a hard life). Barcelona was amazing. We took a 12 hour bus ride down on Friday complete with episodes of the Bachelor on my ipod and me throwing up on the bus :) I have officially known these people for about a week and a half, and i'm already the girl that tossed her cookies in front of everyone. Awesome... welcome to Barcelona.
Anyways, I wore a pretty dress to our group dinner that night and I think I redeemed myself for the most part. Once I got past that joyous part of the trip, it was so much fun. Barcelona is such a beautiful city but a bit of a culture shock after spending a week in our calm, little student town in Salamanca. Barcelona is anything but calm and little. On the first day we visited the Picasso museum, Gaudi's Park Gϋell, Estadi Olimpic de Montjuic (where the olymics were once held) and had a lunch of paella and sangria. That night some of us girls ventured to coast for a nice view of the beach, a chance to dip our toes in the Mediterranean, and a visit to the famous ICEBARcelona. What an experience! The next day we visited an amazing church designed by Gaudi called the Sagrada Familia, saw Casa Mila (Gaudi's house), and explored the famous street Las Ramblas. That night I went with a bunch of ladies to enjoy some Tapas and see the city at night. The next day we had another 12 hour bus ride home, luckily this one was sans cookies.
We stayed in this very nice hotel complete with a balcony (the size of our room) overlooking the city. However, I was very thankful to return to Salamanca where I have my own room and I can go to sleep whenever I want.  
Naturally, I have again taken on the role as planner and "mom". What else is new. I'm the one that is counting all the girls as we get off the metro to make sure we have everyone, and planning walking tours for our free time. Hey mom... I wonder where I got that from?
Today we recieved our class schedules. I freaked out when I was handed a paper with 8 classes and zero free time on it, until a friend kindly informed me it was a schedule of all the classes offered and I have to highlight the ones I was taking. Shoooo that was close! I know I tend to take on alot, but that was simply overdoing.
Well I think that is it for now. I have a big project for our intensive class due on Friday which I have been avoiding by working on my blog, so I should probably get on that now. More adventures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment