I'm currently sitting in the Richmond airport waiting for my flight to DC where I will then get a flight to Madrid, Spain. After practically being strip searched and taking 20 minutes to put my coat, shoes, jewelry, laptop, quart-sized bag and all other items back in place, I am on my way. My mom has a tradition of writing me a card that I take with me on a trip and read once they have left. As always, it made my start crying. So, I stopped, put on rap music and read my letter to that. A lot harder to cry if "Like a G 6" is playing in the background.
My emotions are all over the place, as they usually are when I start one of these trips. I'm scared, anxious, excited, happy and uneasy all at the same time. But I figure thats natural, and all part of the adventure.
I wasn't sure I was going to make it. After much packing, unpacking, repacking, and repacking again last night, along with some elbow grease and sitting on suitcases to close them, I finally got both suitcases under the 50 lb maximum. However, both look like they are busting at the seams. Spain, here comes Kelsey, plus her kitchen sink.
Boarding is starting so pray for safe travels!
Adios for now :)
No comments:
Post a Comment