Tuesday, January 18, 2011

1 Day Left

Hello all!
So tomorrow the adventure begins. I will be leaving for a 4 month semester abroad in Salamanca, Spain. Save the couple of midnight, histerical crying sessions, i'm getting really excited. If i'm being honest though, i'm really nervous. But, I know that once I get there and it hits me that i'm living in Spain (insert freak out here) i'll be so glad I went. Through all my travels, i've learned that the most amazing adventures, the ones that change your life, are often the ones that scare the mess (p.s. I contemplated word choice here for about 5 minutes) out of you. 
The question I keep getting is "are you packed yet?" Ha! I love that because, if you know me at all, you know I will be packing up until 5 minutes before I get on the plane. You would also know that I have 1 suitcase packed full of just shoes :) Because naturally having my red high heels which are rather impractical for walking in Spain, but oh so cute, is completely necessary. Thats me: overpacker and shoeaholic!
I also find it funny that most people keep asking me how my mom is holding up. Forget the freak out going on inside of me, "hows your mom?" The truth is she is great, mainly because she is having to hold it together through my break downs. I'm sure the couple of days after I leave will be the hardest for her. They always have been. The first time I went to camp, she spent the entire car ride home balling. By the way, it was a day camp.
Anyways, i'm off to work on packing again. Maybe i'll try and cut out a few more things... or maybe not :) Please pray for safe travels and stay tuned for my day to day adventures as I take on Spain.
Salamanca here I come!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh I'm so happy for youu!!! I can completely see your "I'm living in SPAINNN!" moments- a la "WE'RE IN SOUTH AFRICA!" haha :)

    You're going to have such an amazing time! Can't wait to hear all about it!

    Love you!
    Christina :D

    ReplyDelete